Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Friends Trip

My friends Beth, her Mom Donna and Tiffany took a trip to North Carolina. They left on the 10 and returned home on the 14 of January. I was invited to go but did not because of a third party's disagreement. When they had returned they brought me some of the greatest gifts. I may not have been able to go to the ocean and walk on the beach but Beth brought me the next best thing. She brought me a bag of beach sand. Inside the bag with the sand she had tucked away some very nice sea shells and a sand dollor. She did not have a lot of money but she was able to get me a real shark tooth in a bottle, a smashed penny with a shark tooth on it, a key chain and a pen that said # 1 friend on it. She told me that she looked through every last pen to find me one with my name on it. She said that they had every name that was ever made on those pens, but mine. I had to laugh at her, I have grown up my whole life with never finding my name on anything. She has tried to find me things with my name on it before and I keep telling her that she is not going to find it, but I do love the fact that she trys. Tiffany brought me a gift too. Because I like frogs she found a frog for me. This frog was special because when you opened him he had a frog necklace in him.
I enjoyed hearing about all the fun they had. Beth, Tiffany and I sat up late one night and watched the video they had of the trip. We are all planning a trip for next year so I can walk on the beach for the first time and stick my feet in the ocean.

Sandy Beach

6 comments:

Choc Mint Girl said...

Awww... that was so sweet and creative of Beth and a wonderful surprise from Tiffany, too. :)

Hey, I hope one day you'll get to be at the ocean, Sindi. :)

Before I forget, here's a tag for you:-

Pass it to the Front

Amel said...

AWWWWWWWWWWW...such WONDERFUL friends you have! I LOVE that froggy thingie and the necklace. VERY creative!!! ;-D

Hope next year you'll all really go there! ;-D

j said...

AWW, I love the frog necklace! Sweet pics and thoughtful friends. Jennifer

Melanie said...

I LOVE the sand idea as a gift..how thoughtful!

vicy said...

Hello!!How are you??I hope you have a nice and happy days always..Just droppin by..Take care

Jack K. said...

What wonderful friends you have. Walking in the sand is quite enjoyable.

If you like frogs you might find the one posted here.

I found your site at Hale's.