Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Day Out With Friends :-)

Wednesdays are my usual days to go running with Stacy. I have come to look forward to the time we get to spend together and talk. For about a month her Husband, Steve, has been laid off do to the weather. When Steve has his lay off time Stacy and I don't get to see each other as much. I have missed going out with her, but this past Wednesday, the 16, we went running again. Stacy invited me out to lunch and she also invited our friend Beth.


We started out our day running to a couple of places that Stacy needed to go too. Then she said that she needed to get Steven some jeans for work but he did not want new ones. We went to the Goodwill to see if we could find him some pants there. I had a blast. I only had a couple of dollars to spend Dollar Smiley but I had more fun watching Stacy and Beth find stuff. Beth went for the stuffed animals and she kept running back to the cart and throwing in more stuffys. She bought me two frogs and here they are.

Stacy was more on the what she needed search, but after a few minutes I thought she was going to buy the place out.Shopping 2

Stacy found a lot of nice bargains there. She found a very nice set of drinking glasses and a globe for the girls. She bought a lot of other things but I think the best thing she bought was a white frog for Me! He is so cute :)


I bought a couple of DVDs for family members and I found myself a hymnal. I have been wanting one for years so I could have the words to some of my favorite songs. Over the years I have forgotten some of the verses to them and now with the hymnal I can just look them up.


When we finally dragged ourselves out of the store we noticed it was way past lunch time. Stacy wanted to go to Fazoli's so that's where we went.Italian Restaurant
I had never been to a Fazoli's before because of always being afraid of going out in public. I am usually just afraid of people. I have gotten better because of them taking me out. I had a blast again. One thing that has help me get through being afraid is Stacy and Beth's sense of humor. They both think it is so funny to get me into public then do something to shock me then laugh out loud at the look on my face. I always have fun though and I have learned to lighten up and be proud of me. Stacy always walks with her head held high. Beth always seems to be full of life. They both like to laugh and have fun and I love it when they drag me a long.We had a great lunch and day compliments of Stacy and are planning on taking her out really soon.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Good for you! I'm glad you had a great time with friends!

Amel said...

BEST female friends are WONDERFUL. Glad you had a BLAST, Stacy...and you have such CARING friends who know what you like he he he...FROGS, among all things. Do you know that I LOVE eating cooked frogs, esp. if it's my Mom who cooks them? HE HE HE HE...

Liquid said...

There is not a greater joy than time spent with your best gals!
I LOVE the frogs and once had a friend who adored them too!
They still make me happy to look at!
Great post, great friends!

:)

Stylin said...

Hi Sindi,
It sounds like you had a great time.Me and my friends went to the thrift store too!We thoroughly enjoyed it.
That ceramic frog is something that my mom absolutely loves.she bought one last time she cam here

Michelle said...

someday I will get you out running with me! Glad you had fun

stacys1175 said...

I'm so happy you had fun I had a blast to and the food was good yummy to my tummy lol !!!! your the best love you my sindi:)

DubLiMan said...

Hi SIndi,

We are waiting on your "Big Bang" post.