Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Taking the Good With the Bad

The Good

I had found out ,this past week, that my son will be getting an award at the end of the school year. He is being awarded for being the top in the whole seventh grade class. His grades are so great that First National Bank is going to honor him with a plaque. I am so proud of him. Shawn had to be held back in the second grade because he could not even read and now just look at him. I know I am being a little silly because I am boasting but I am just so proud.



The Bad
I had a cross that I would wear around my neck. I had put this cross on everyday for the past couple of years. People had always ask me where I got it and I would just tell them it was a gift from God. I don't know where it came from.The cross just popped up one day in my jewelry box. I only own a few choice pieces of jewelry so I know I did not get it from anyone one I know. Something told me to wear it so I did. I always liked the thought that it was a gift from God. On Wednesday I lost my cross. My friend Stacy said that God sent it to me because I needed it and now I don't need it any more so He took it back.

I was always afraid of everything and when I would grab the cross I felt safe. I am not afraid any more, not like I use to be so maybe she is right. I use to be so afraid that I hardly ever left my house and now I go riding 90 mile an hour down the river in an air boat. I am sad that it is gone, but I still have my faith in Jesus and that was the whole point of my cross to begin with.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I know how you feel about losing a piece of jewelry that has special meaning. Last year, my husband gave me a bracelet that had music notes on it and it was the music to a Beethoven song that was in our wedding. One day I lost it -- it just came off my arm at some point when I didn't realize it. It upset me so much because that bracelet was very special to me.

Suzie said...

Congrats on your son. Maybe the cross will turn up

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Hooray for you son!!!

The story of your cross was so interesting. I am so sorry that it has been lost, but the way you say that God gave it to you is inspirational. Sometimes these things just happen.
Your faith is so refreshing Sindi.

CreativeMish said...

Loved your cross story. I think its probably found a new owner that is in need of it.