Friday, September 14, 2007

Colt Creations

One of the museums in my town had an art fund raiser auction with painted colts. They asked for businesses to donate $2,000 to purchase pure white horses or $2,500 to donate painted horses. The colts would be painted by an artist or a group of artists in the design that the donor wanted. The places that made donations could keep the colts in front of their places of business until the time of the action. The action was where they would sale the horses to the highest bidder to make the money they needed.

I thought it was such a great idea for both the museum and the businesses that helped. The museum would get the money it needed and the businesses would get free advertisement. People around town,like me, liked to go to all the places and see the horses. People were brought to the businesses by the horses.

I decided to take pictures of all of them. There was a grand total of thirty horses around our town. My family, friends and I had a blast driving and walking to the different places to see them. The colts not only helped where they needed too,but they brought families together and gave people something to do to get out into the community.

I took so many pictures of the horses because they were all so beautiful. I have picked my favorite of each colt and made them into a collage.
Here is the list of all their names going from left to right.
1. Scrubs
2. In God We Trust
3. The Picture Perfect Colt
4. Smokey Cabin Fever
5. Winning Colors
6. Yankee Doodle Pony
7. Bullish Colt
8.Many Hands
9.Blue on Blues
10.Unbridled Freedom
11. Halcy
12. The Trojan Horse
13. Circles
14. Untitled
15. Game Plan
16. Philly-Anthropy
17. Seahorse
18. Greenback
19. Z-Clot
20. Appaloosa Warrior
21. Race Horse
22. Galloping Through the Sycamore Leaves
23. Summer Solictice
24. Colt Goes To Camp
25. Untitled
26. Colts Gone Wild
27. Medicine Pony
28. Celtic Colt
29. Appaloosa Heart
30. Horse Power

If there are any of the horses that you would like to have the picture of just leave me your e-mail address and I will send the picture of just that colt to you. I also have the list of the artists who painted each horse. Leave me a comment or question, I will give you any information I have about these gorgeous horses. I think these horses are beautiful and should be shown to the world.

3 comments:

Frasier said...

Hi
Thanks for dropping by.
Chick-Fil-A did something similar here in atlanta,they had cows painted by artists.
Its pretty neat to see them is' nt it ?

Kathy said...

That sounds a lot like those fishing lures in my city. I have a picture of one of them on my blog. Beautiful colts.

stacys1175 said...

hey it was fun going around and getting pic they all turned out nice