Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I Finally Got Some Me Time! ! !

I have been so busy the last week or so that I was longing to get back to the computer and write. I did not think I was ever going to get a break. My mothers birthday was on the third but because of the yard sale I was too busy to get her a gift. She understood because she was also busy with the yard sale.

I spent most of my weekend running around looking for her a gift and getting my son some school clothes. Most of the running had to be done on Saturday because my husband decided that he wanted to work on Sunday to make some extra money. I don't drive so I have to do my running when he is home. I will explain why I don't drive in a later blog. I went to about 4 different stores and could not find what I want to get my Mother. I had gotten all of Shawn's clothes, but could not find any thing for her. I finally figured out what I wanted to get for her. She has been asking for one gift for the past 10 years and no one has ever remembered that she has wanted one. I ran to Baskin-Robins and got her an ice cream cake. She just loved it! She ate one of the hearts off the top before I took the picture so that is why it looks a little messed up. I told her, now I would never have to hear about it again, WRONG! She laughed at me and said she wants another one next year.




Sunday turned out to be a very nice day. Kevin had gotten his work done early so he was home by noon. I decided I wanted to get out of the house so we took a bag of bread crumbs to the park to feed the geese and ducks. I stepped out of the van and they came at me. I thought for sure I was a goner! I had never seen that many geese in my life. My Grandmother had geese so I knew they could bite. I had been bitten enough growing up so I didn't want to get bit again.There was one little guy who wanted to bite my butt and would not stop hissing at me. I ended up making Kevin take the food out closer to the lake so I would not get bit, or maybe I would have gave the goose a little bite, at the dinner table. Ha Ha ! No I could not have done that.
I am standing there watching him when I here a very loud quack come from behind me. I turn to see the duck from those stupid insurance commercials standing there. All I could do was laugh.
We headed for home so I could cook dinner. I decided I wanted to make a huge meatloaf because I knew some friends and family would stop by and be hungry. I had gotten it all prepared and popped it into the oven. I turned to wash the counter off and there was a butterfly just sitting there. I took it's picture and then I was hoping to get a closer one when it jumped into my hand. I don't think this happens to many times in a persons life so I took another picture and then it just flew out my back door.





Yesterday was Shawn's 14 Birthday so we let him skip practice and we took him and a friend out for dinner. Afterward he had us take him shopping so he could spend his Birthday money. All in all even though I missed being at my computer I loved the family time. Kevin goes on vacation next week so maybe there will be some more outings.








1 comment:

Kathy said...

I love the story about your mom and the Baskin Robbins ice cream cake. I love those things too. I might have to go buy myself one without even having an a special occasion! Have a great weekend!