¼ cup butter
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
6-7 pineapple slices, drained
6-7 maraschino cherries, drained (optional)
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup boiling pineapple juice
¾ cup sifted flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vanilla
1. Melt butter in microwave and pour into a 10 inch round cake pan.
2. Sprinkle brown sugar over butter.
3. Arrange pineapple over brown sugar and butter mixture.
4. Save pineapple juice for later use
5. Add cherries to the center of pineapples if you desire.
6. Separate eggs, beat egg yolks until light, adding sugar gradually. 7. Boil pineapple juice and then add to mixture.
8. Stir in dry ingredients; mix well
9. Add vanilla