Saturday, May 5, 2007

We Effect So Many

The sun is coming in the window on a brisk and chilly day. I sit back in my chair and contemplate all the changes that have occurred in my life. Over the years there have been friends that have come and gone, and fewer boyfriends I have dated and dumped. Family and friends have grown older and a handful have passed from this rain of existence. I like to think that someday we will meet again on some greater plain. The thought of seeing them again keeps a smile on my face and a song in my heart.

The influence of one person can impact so many other lives that even though we may feel small and unimportant we all make a difference. I think about my life and wonder if I did make a difference. I came to the realization that every little thing we do or say has had an effect on some one's life. We choose our own course in life by the choices we make and control the course of many other lives with no knowledge that we are helping to choose their course also. To us the choice may seem trivial or unimportant, but nothing in our lives is ever trivial. I do hope and pray that the meaningless choices I have made throughout my life make a major difference in someone Else's life, for the better.

3 comments:

DubLiMan said...

I like this post. I can see why you chose it for the meme.

Amel said...

I agree with Mel, Sindi. I LIKE this post, too! ;-D

Anonymous said...

Well what can i say i agree fully its certainly opened my eyes