Saturday, May 19, 2007

Great Joy!

Beth, Tiffany, and Myself

I have been a stay at home Mom for about thirteen years. I have been babysitting children for over twenty years. This past October I quit watching children and decided to go back to school and get my G.E.D. I had spent so many years in my home that I was afraid to go out into the real world. I went to the store from time to time but that is not what you would call getting out and meeting new people and doing new things. I almost chickened out and didn't go to sign up, but with the love of my friends and family and two very special friends I did. I was so scared that I was not smart enough to make it or that I wasn't brave enough to keep going, but after a couple of weeks I really enjoyed the time spent there. I was out meeting new people and I was less afraid of what others may have thought of me.


On May 16,2007 I walked up the stairs to the podium and recieved my diploma. Just knowing that I made it and that I could do it put so much joy in me. I hope this feeling never fades away. Seeing all my friends and family there cheering me on and the pride in thier faces was enough to last me for the rest of my life. I don't know what I want to be or where I may end up , but I do know that as long as I have the Lord and the love of my family and friends I can do anything. I would tell anyone who wants to try to get thier G.E.D. to just go for it. I did and it was the best thing I could have ever done for myself.