Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Dinner Party MEME :)




I saw this meme on Amel's blog and I it looked fun so I decided to do it.

The rules as set out by Graham (the originator of this meme) are as follows:-

The idea is to work your way through the eight phases of the dinner party, answering all of the questions on the way - being as honest and creative as you wish. Once your homework has been completed, please nominate any blogger who's "virtual" dinner party you would love to hear about.


1) The Dinner Party Theme: You have decided to hold a dinner party. When writing the invites you clearly state that fancy dress must be worn. Assuming that cost is no issue, who or what would you dress up as, and why?



My theme for the party would be friendship so my dress would revolve around my friends. The top to the gown would be made of navy blue velvet. The sleeves would only go down to about 3 inches past the elbow with embroidery around the cuff. There would be a white lace collar and white lace around the waist line where the top and bottom connect. The best part of the gown is the bottom. The bottom would look like a patchwork quilt. Each square of the bottom would have been hand picked by a different friend. I would call it my gown of friendship.



2) The Invitations: This dinner party is for 6 people (including yourself), you are allowed to invite any 5 other people (either past, present, real or fictional), who would you invite and why?

1. My Grandmother- I miss her very much

2.Jimmy Stewart-from the movie "It's A Wonderful Life"

3.Rachmaninov-so he can play Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini for me

4. Clay Aiken-just because he is gorgeous

5.Kermit the frog-the only man-frog who is truly a prince

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


3) The Starter: You are preparing the menu, which dish(es) would you choose as the starter, and why?

I would start with a cheese ball and crackers, it brings everyone together for a light snack.


4) The Main Course: Okay, now for the main course? and what drink would you serve with it?


I would make my famous meatloaf with carrots and potatoes and we would have the all time favorite around here of sweet tea to drink. All mt friends love my meatloaf and my tea so I will stay with what i know best.

5) The Sweet: Finally, the sweet. Which would you choose, and why?


I would make a loaf of pumpkin bread and a loaf of banana bread, both covered in a light glaze.


6) The Entertainment: The dinner party has gone swimmingly, everybody has had fun, conversation and drinks have been flowing all evening. At the end of the meal you announce that everybody should perform their 'party piece' (no matter how strange or pointless). What party piece would you perform?

I would have all my guest tell about there funniest time in their lives. I love to laugh and hear funny stories.


7) The End Of The Evening: The party is over, everybody has gone home, the house suddenly feels empty and quiet. Your eyes fix on the hi-fi in the corner of the room. You search though your CD collection to put on some music as you want to listen to one more track before you retire to bed. Which track would you play?

I would play J.S Bach's Jesus bleibet meine Freude, it is one of my favorites on my Most Relaxing Piano Album.

8) The Dinner Party Nightmares: Okay, so the "virtual" dinner party is over. Now for the real thing. Have you ever been to or hosted a dinner party during which something has gone wrong (either with the food, a guest or something else)?


There are not any that I can think of.


I have decided that I am not going to tag anyone for this meme. I will let people chose on their own if they would like to do it, just like I did. HE HE HE:) If you do end up trying this meme out, have fun with it. Memes can be fun if you make them fun. :-)

2 comments:

Amel said...

Hi, Sindi!

LOVE your party. ;-D

Friendship dress? LOVELY!!!! And your guest list is pretty interesting, too. Clay Aiken? HE HE HE HE...I like him too!

OOHHHHHH...I'd LOVE to taste your meatloaf...I'm drooling here! *wipe*

As usual, you're always so cheerful and funny. No wonder you'd want your guest to share funny stories he he he...

SPLENDID party, Sindi! ;-D

Choc Mint Girl said...

A gown friendship?? I'm trying to imagine it now...:D

Hee hee...Kermit?! That's fun!! I hope he didn't end up in the soup bowl!! LOL!! Just kidding!!

The food sounds YUMMY! I want in!! I want in!! He he...

Interesting dinner party, Sindi!! Love it!! :)