Saturday, October 6, 2007

The Map......

My mother brought this over for me to read and I wanted to share it with everyone.




The Map.....

A father wanted to read a magazine but was being bothered by his little girl, Shelby. She wanted to know what the United States looked like.

Finally, he tore a sheet out of his new magazine on which was printed the map of our country. Tearing it into small pieces, he gave it to Shelby, and said,"Go into the other room and see if you can put this together. This will show you our whole country today."

After a few minutes, Shelby returned and handed him the map correctly fitted together. The father was surprised and asked how she had finished so quickly.

"Oh," she said," on the other side of the paper is a picture of Jesus. When I got all of Jesus back where He belonged, then our country just came together." :)




Isn't it strange how we can all learn a lesson from looking through the eyes of a child.God Bless :-D

3 comments:

Cliff said...

That's so true. Now if we could only get him back in the classroom...

Amel said...

I've read this one somewhere but it's such an AMAZING story that I wouldn't mind reading it over and over again he he he he...

Sindi said...

74,

There is a Rascal Flatts song that talks about that very subject. It talks about how people are throwing him out of court and schools but he will never leave you. The song is called He Ain't The Leaving Kind. I cry every time I hear it and I hope that soon I can add it to my blog.

Amel,

I was just so touched by the story when I read it. This is one I will remember for a long time.